Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 21:10:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: DPT crashes

Hi Jaye Mathisen;  On 30-Jul-97 you wrote:

> I'm using the DPT kernel config file that came with the patch.
> Controller
> is a PM3334UW, connected to 3 4GB Barracuda's, running RAID-5.
>
> Motherboard is a Digital Prioris HX6000 (intel if I recall), it's in slot
> 1 of the primary PCI bus.  The firmware is dated March 1997, I think it's
> 07L0.  The system reboots fine.  I'm using 2.2.2 with the 1.10 patch.

Thanx!  Sounds normal to me...

> It just happened again, which is interesting, because I can sup -current
> just fine, but it crashes so far each time I cvsup 2.2.2...  Can't
> imagine
> there's a correlation, but it's interesting.

CVSup is doing networking while disking...  i use the same arrangement
here, without ever seing this error message.  This is not trivial then...

Enable (#define) DPT_DEBUG_COMPLETION_ERRORS in sys/dev/dpt.h.  It will
spit lots of messages, especially at boot time, but next time it happens,
you should have something along the lines of "dpt%d: Undocumented
Error %x...".  Let me see the whole thing.

BTW, the driver should drop into the debugger if you get this error.
Just type ``c'' to ``continue'' and it should continue.  In the next
release, I will make it actually abort the SCSI command and re-try it,
without the debugger (which is bad news if you are in X11).

Simon