Date:      Wed, 07 Nov 2012 17:24:29 +0100
From:      Andreas Tobler <andreast-list@fgznet.ch>
To:        matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com>
Cc:        x11@freebsd.org, freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPC DRM graphics testing

On 06.11.12 09:29, matt wrote:
> On 11/05/12 21:22, Andreas Tobler wrote:
>> Hm, I can try to bring the Radeon 9200 PCI up and see how it behaves.
>> It'll take a few moments. But at least we have another config to compare.
>>
>> Oh, and one thing to note, my config works with built-in (not a kernel
>> module) drm/radeondrm. Have you tried this too?
>>
>> Kernel config:
>> # Direct Rendering modules for 3D acceleration.
>> device          drm            # DRM core module required by DRM drivers
>> device          radeondrm      # ATI Radeon
>>

>> Attached the patch to make it compile.
>>
>> Andreas
>>

> A good idea, but it didn't help. Backtrace was slightly different, but
> nothing decisive. exaCopyDirty() seems to be involved quite often.
>
> I also found 7.7 will not work, because although they left in r200, they
> stripped out UMS.
>
> So it's back to the drawing board, or at least poking at sources and/or
> gdb for a while :)

Just a short notice from my side. I finally managed to get the pci
radeon 9200 work, means I can startx.
I had some issues until I found out how to make Xorg recognize the pci
card which is not in the primary pci domain.

I needed this string in the xorg.conf, under the section "Device"

BusID       "PCI:1@1:2:0"

Important is ":domain@bus:".

Regarding drm, I get hardlocks as soon as I start glxgears or other
samples. No more info yet.

Here the render string:
---
direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R200 (RV280 5961) 20090101  TCL
---

Chipset: "ATI Radeon 9200 5961 (AGP)" (ChipID = 0x5961)
Mapped VideoRAM: 131072 kByte (128 bit DDR SDRAM)

Note, it is a PCI card, not an AGP one.

Also, I do run old Xorg (X.Org X Server 1.7.7 and the 6.14.3 ati pkg.).

I'll continue playing a bit.

Andreas