Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2000 22:54:11 -0800
From:      "David Anderson" <DRCAnderson@xtra.co.nz>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Is my X server going?

Hi there
I have configured XF86Config for SVGA server.
When I issue command startx I get a first get
a black screen, then xinit VGA16 "course grain
(with cross mouse cursor), then are returned to
the text shell. The only error messages are KDE
related (eg kcontrol, kaudioserver, kwsound,kfm,
krootwm, kpanel and kwm)....... ok....thats a few
but I think I can track them down.

The last message is "waiting for X server to shut down"

So can I take it everythings ok so far?? My server looks
to be going and I will get some kind of windowing when
I get KDE its missing files??? Any help appreciated.

Dave
PS.. I have seen this sort of question before but I cant get
the search engine to return any results. Looking through the
complete archive will be my next option.