Date:      Mon, 9 Oct 1995 00:58:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" <atf3r@server.cs.virginia.edu>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        michael butler <imb@scgt.oz.au>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: inetd cores on SIGHUP

On Sun, 8 Oct 1995, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> It seems that michael butler said:
> > With -current as of today .. "kill -HUP .." will cause inetd to drop a core
> > file into the root directory .. the parent ceases to run :-(
>
> Doesn't here :

	Well, I have been experiencing a similar problem.  In fact, I
suspect it is the same problem.  My init dumps core after writting a log
message like the following:

Oct  3 21:58:16 lorax /kernel: pid 1392: inetd: uid 0: exited on signal 6

	This has been happening consistently when I do a shutdown.  It
does not matter what options I am passing to sutdown, if any.

	I am running 2.2-current as of a few days ago.  I will download
the latest CTM files and rebuild the system tonight.  If the problem does
not go a way soon, I am very close to making the time to track down the
problem.  Unfortunately, I really do not have the time and the core file
is only a few hundred K, i.e. it's not a pressing issue now and I can't
promise to do this.

cheers,
	Adrian

adrian@virginia.edu                ---->>>>| Support your local programmer,
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~atf3r/   --->>>| STOP Software Patent Abuses NOW!
Member: The League for                 -->>| For an application and information
       Programming Freedom               ->| see: http://www.lpf.org/