Date:      Sat, 12 Mar 2016 04:35:52 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Carmel <carmel_ny@outlook.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update problem

In freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 614, Issue 6, Message: 2
On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 07:08:15 -0500 Carmel <carmel_ny@outlook.com> wrote:

 > I recently installed FreeBSD 11-0 current on a new machine. Now, when I
 > attempt to run "freebsd-update fetch", I receive the following error
 > message.
 >
 > src component not installed, skipped
 > Fetching public key from update5.freebsd.org ... failed
 > (above repeated several times with different URLs)
 > No mirrors remaining, giving up.
 >
 > What am I doing wrong?

With respect, and despite the willingness of people here to help with
issues, you've either installed an inappropriate version of FreeBSD or
are not using the appropriate list for issues with it.

  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/current-stable.html

You may find that running stable/10 - so following the freebsd-stable
list - much less of a big leap onto the 'bleeding edge' and sometimes
unstable development version that -current is intended to be.

cheers, Ian