Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 11:01:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, patrick@cre8tivegroup.com
Subject:   Re: WordPerfect 8 and printing on 2.2.8

> This is a bizarre problem that has me baffled.  I've got the Linux Word Perfect
> 8 on my FreeBSD-STABLE box.  It runs fine.
>
> But it won't print!  I get a spooler error when I try to print.  The spooler
> command is showing up, and it's correct, but it just keeps giving me the error:
> Spool Command.  The spool command it's using is "lpr -Plp <f>" where f is
> the file name.

 Although this is a guess, maybe WordPerfect wants the entire path to
the command?

 Try this:
	/usr/bin/lpr -Plp <f>

 If WordPerfect is doing an exec() to run the command, it will need the
entire path.  If it's doing a system("lpr -Plp") - it likely wouldn't have.

 I'm making this guess because WordPerfect can't start up my web browser...
which I think is for the same reason... (it's pointing to a shell script
instead of an exec'able file.)

 Try that out before you do a clean install... I *seriously* doubt wiping
the disk and doing a total re-install will actually help this problem.

	- Dave Rivers -