Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 16:24:25 -0700
From:      Douglas Campbell <dcampbell@dgsystems.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CYRIX 686 free bsd 2.2.1

My system
cyrix686 pr150
1.9 gigabyte scsi
adaptec 2940 scsi host adapter(pci)
plextor 4x scsi cdrom
floppy
trident tgui 9680-pci 2mb display adapter
bios boot sequence is a,c(scsi drive),scsi
800 mb with NT 40
800 mb with free bsd (sort of)

I just got the cd-rom and book from walnut creek cd-rom and am having a
number of difficulties installing.

1)	I can't install from the cd-rom after booting with the floppy. The
book says to have the cd-rom in at startup;however, the computer tries
to boot of the cd-rom and hangs with a frozen want to be spinning
cursor. Thus unfortuately I have to install from  my dos partition.

2)	After booting from the floppy, using the visual mode kernel
configuration, quitting and saving all I get is a grey block in the top
left hand corner of the screen.
	If I skipp the visual config option 1 I get further and was actually
able to install but the set up was short lived. I was aable to restart
the system twice and now when I try to boot freebsd I get the message
can't find kernel.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.