Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 1997 10:04:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Ruslan@shevchenko.kiev.ua
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, meissner@tu-harburg.d400.de
Subject:   Re: What we will do with latex2html ?

Hi all,

On Sat, 1 Nov 1997, Ruslan Shevchenko wrote:
> In this year was 3 attempts to add latex2html in ports collection:
>
>   ports/3940 Jun 23 1997 Ruslan Shevchenko. ?Ruslan@Shevchenko.kiev.ua>
>   ports/4103  Jul 22 1997 Frank Meissner ?meissner@tu-harburg.d400.de>
>   ports/4496 Sep 8 1997   Brett Taylor
> ?brett@pelton.physics.montana.edu>
>
> Now all of this ports is outdated.

My port is not what I would consider out of date.  It is the last stable
release of latex2html, latex2html-97.1.  There is a constantly changing
development version out there, but I don't think it's a good idea to use
that as a port - I'd prefer to have the stable version.  Alternatively we
could have 2 ports, like we do for gimp, the development and stable
version.

>   1. Are anybody from authors of previous ports want to
>      be ports-maintainers of latex2html ?

I'm happy to be the maintainer if someone will commit it.

>   2. If not, i will report it during week, and send it to
>  ports collection, if anybody with commit privilegies,
>  will look on this port in finite time.

As noted above I don't think this is worth doing w/ the development
version unless we keep separate development and stable ports.

Brett Taylor 		brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

"Give a man a beer and he wastes an hour
 Teach a man to brew and he wastes a lifetime"