Date:      Fri, 7 Nov 1997 21:28:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        mark@grondar.za, axl@iafrica.com, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xemacs installs world writable dir

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, Satoshi Asami wrote:

>  * Souldn't it be at least mode 1777? There is also the possibility of
>  * putting locks into (eg) /var/tmp, var/spool/lock and so on.
>
> These files don't need to live past reboots (right?) so I guess they
> go in /var/run.  (What was the result of the discussion about the
> permission on that dir, Max?)
>
> I see that mule has a lock dir, but emacs doesn't.  do you what's
> going on?

Ahh, someone complained about changing the permissions on a lock file, and
I had memories of trouble getting lock files to work right with kermit a
long time ago, and asked him what he meant.

Looking around at the emacs PLIST and the /usr/local, I guess I agree, I
can't find the file he was complaining about.

> Satoshi

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |