Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:49:46 -0800
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>, David <dave@daves-place.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbie

At 06:53 AM 12/22/98 , ML Duke wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, David wrote:
>
>> Can I Download and Install FreeBSD and Run it on my Windows98 System,
>or will it cause problems, If not I would love to Install it and learn to
>use it.
>> Thank You
>
>In a word. No. The only "operating system" that runs on another operating
>system I can think of, just off hand, is windows, which essentially runs
>on dos.

But FreeBSD can coexist with Windows 98. It can install a boot manager so
that at every boot-up you can select which operating system you start. You
will probably need to repartition your hard drive in order to make space
for FreeBSD to install, since FreeBSD doesn't work from within a FAT partition.

--Ludwig Pummer ( ludwigp@bigfoot.com )
ICQ UIN: 692441 (  ludwigp@email.com  )