Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:06:58 +0100 (CET)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        Brent Kearney <brent@kearneys.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: kernel compile for QIC80 support fails

On 10-Feb-00 Brent Kearney wrote:

> Just wanted to add that I'm using 3.4-RL on an x86, floppy drive is
> enabled in the BIOS.

That is the snag! The ft-device driver is removed in the 3.0-branch:(

Try this:
http://w1.874.telia.com/~u87405149/ftape.html

...and good luck. I haven't ever managed to get it working (no matter which
FreeBSD version 2.1.7->3.4)
/M

> -Brent
>
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 01:51:31AM -0800, Brent Kearney wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I'm having trouble compiling in support for my /dev/ft0 device.
>> It's an older Connor QIC80 floppy-tape drive.

Michael Josefsson, MSEE
mj@isy.liu.se

This message was sent by XFMail
running on FreeBSD 3.1