Date:      Sun, 11 May 1997 17:52:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Barry Masterson <jbarrm@panix.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   xdoom: can't save game.

I installed xdoom, and it runs fine except that I can't save the game.

The 'save' menu pops up, I choose an empty slot, fill it in, I even
get the "game saved" prompt in the upper left of the screen. Except
the game is not saved. Going back to 'save' or 'load game' brings
up all empty slots.

Those doomsav?.dsg files are nowhere.

I know this feature worked in earlier versions of xdoom; before it
became an offical port. This was when I had it all installed on my home
directory, when I was running 2.1.5.

Has anyone else experienced this? How can it be fixed?

Thanks,

Barry Masterson
jbarrm@panix.com

  FreeBSD   2.2.1-R