Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 11:44:11 +1000
From:      Matthew Peacock <Mattp@innerrange.com.au>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Please help with linux compatibility

Hello,

I recently purchased a copy of the FreeBSD Toolkit v5.0.
I wanted to try the version of StarOffice-3.1 that comes with the disks in
the Toolkit. I understand that i need to run the linux KLD in order to
achieve this.

When I installed the FreeBSD operating system on my computer it asked if I
wanted linux compatibility and I said yes. After installation I checked the
/usr/compat/linux directory and it seemed to have quite a few directories
including lib, bin, sbin...

I also checked my rc.conf file and it said LINUX_ENABLE = "NO". I changed it
to "YES" and rebooted.
I then ran the kldstat program to see if the linux module was loaded but it
didn't appear to be.

I then typed the following:
#linux

And the system responded with "No such command".

Can you please tell me what I need to do to get linux compatibility to work?
I think I have done everything right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Matthew Peacock