Date:      Thu, 1 Nov 2001 07:37:03 -0600
From:      "Mike Loiterman" <mloiterman@hotmail.com>
To:        "Glen Foster" <gfoster@gfoster.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make buildworld dies

------=_NextPart_000_0155_01C162A7.FFCADD30

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
SHA1</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I have and have had a copy of freebsd.c in=20
/etc/mail.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I do not have an /etc/make.conf.&nbsp; I have a=20
/etc/defaults/make.conf<BR>and the line =
SENDMAIL_MC=3D/etc/mail/myconfig.mc is=20
commeneted out in<BR>this file.&nbsp; There is no reference to =
SENDMAIL_CF=20
in<BR>/etc/defaults/make.conf.&nbsp; I don't understand why I am having=20
these<BR>problems...I did a build, install cycle the other day on this=20
very<BR>machine without any problems, but I ended up wiping the system=20
and<BR>starting over clean.&nbsp; I can't figure this out.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I guess I will try to uncomment&nbsp; =
NO_SENDMAIL=3Dtrue and=20
build and<BR>install from there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV><BR>- -----------------------------------------<BR>Mike =
Loiterman</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"mailto:mloiterman@hotmail.com">mloiterman@hotmail.com</A><BR>-=20
-----------------------------------------<BR>- ----- Original Message =
-----=20
<BR>From: Glen Foster <BR>To: Mike Loiterman <BR>Sent: Thursday, =
November 01,=20
2001 7:08 AM<BR>Subject: Re: make buildworld dies</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>Here are some things that should make the error go away, any =
one=20
of<BR>them should work, use whichever seems most convenient:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Make sure you have a copy of freebsd.mc in /etc/mail, it used to=20
be<BR>in<BR>/usr/src/etc/sendmail/.&nbsp; Run the build again (actually, =

make<BR>- -DNOCLEAN<BR>should be fine and speed things up =
considerably).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Check your /etc/make.conf and /etc/defaults/make.conf file for=20
any<BR>reference to SENDMAIL_MC or SENDMAIL_CF (the latter is=20
now<BR>decprecated<BR>but maybe not on the system that you are working=20
with).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Set NO_SENDMAIL=3Dtrue in /etc/make.conf, build, install,=20
mergemaster,<BR>take it out and build and install again.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Backup your /etc directory, run mergemaster to update it, then=20
try<BR>the<BR>build again.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
non-commercial use &lt;<A=20
href=3D"http://www.pgp.com">http://www.pgp.com</A>&gt;<BR>Comment: =
Digitally=20
signed by Mike Loiterman</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>iQA/AwUBO+FP+3J6B0BI4qMYEQLzPgCg7UXH+r4BkElzvb+aKxNTogtuGjoAoObC<BR>=
CH3ERQVmUEKzvIbbjxkgJbDc<BR>=3DleIp<BR>-----END=20
PGP SIGNATURE-----<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0155_01C162A7.FFCADD30--