Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 03:58:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kernel with a detection only routine for Mylex DAC960 PCI versions

I put a compiled kernel with the detection routine for any PCI based
Mylex DAC 960 controller with firmware 4.x online. Controller with
firmware 3.x should work too, but I can't promise it. I am asking anyone
who has a controller and some drives available to just put the kernel
on a floppy and let a machine boot. Check if it detects the controller
type, channels, memory, system drives correctly. It should also detect
any dead drives, offline or critical system drives.

You can find the kernel at:

	ftp://ftp.Alameda.net/pub/FreeBSD/kernel.dac960.gz

Regards, Ulf.