Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:24:58 -0500
From:      "Bill Stokes" <bstokes@lists.troopeight.org>
To:        <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Recommended hardware and software to capture video stream

      Hi,

       I have been asked to build a video capture system for a friend. =
He'd like=20
       a FreeBSD system with svideo input. I'm to grab a video stream =
from=20
       the svideo input and write an mpeg. My stream will vary from 30 =
minutes
       to two hours in length. I believe the source will run at 30 =
frames per=20
       second.  He would like to input a filename for output and the =
number
       of minutes to capture data. Can anyone recommend a video card
       and the software required for data capture?=20

       Thanks, Bill=20