Date:      Sun, 15 Jan 2012 15:00:32 +0000
From:      Joe Holden <jwhlists@gmail.com>
To:        Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
Subject:   Re: UFS corruption panic

Actually, that would be a safe assumption especially now that the
installer rightly or wrongly defaults to a single / filesystem, but
perhaps if it could be tunable via mount flags that would be sensible
also...

Thanks,

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk> wrote:

> On 15/01/2012 08:12, Stefan Bethke wrote:
>>
>> Yes, a panic is the correct action here. =A0While I agree that it's supe=
r annoying, the filesystem notices that something is *really* wrong. =A0Ins=
tead of letting the problem fester and continue to corrupt data, it stops t=
he system.

> One could argue instead that for non-root filesystems the correct action =
is to stop all operations on that filesystem but let the rest of the system=
 continue.