Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 2002 19:12:38 +0200
From:      Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   hw.pci.enable_io_modes default value.

Hello,

I had "freeze at boot" problem with my laptop and -CURRENT:

I found the solution: setting hw.pci.enable_io_modes to 0.
So I have a question: that sysctl has to be =1 by default? I mean if I
have that issue with it and my laptop, maybe I'll not be the only one
with that problem.

Well I'm sure there is a good reason for that default setting. Perhaps
we could write somewhere that setting may lead to hangs with some
hardware :)

Marc

PS: btw kern/42262 can be closed :)