Date:      Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:54:47 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: From Slashdot...

On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

>Obvious, you have not taken the time to go and read what is at the URL

>Again, take a second to go read the URL I posted *before* spouting off

>Odd question...do you actually *read* the messages you answer, or do you
>just spew?  My question was asked in order to find out *whether* we were

>Since I am the original author, and am reading and responding, where do
>you get the "probably not listening" part?

I read the letter that was sent to -chat. It came from the "Hermit Hacker"
in the headers and said something about Marc Fournier at the bottom. I did
not know you were the same person. I thought you "Mr. Hermit" had grabbed
something written by "Marc Fournier" from Slashdot. I thought that the
email was taken from Slashdot and was the full content of the topic at
hand.

You are correct. My message addressed the comments in the email only and
not the URL. I wish I still had your original message so I could see where
I came by the above conclusions.

I have rarely been anything but gentile on these lists. I am really pretty
offended by your retort. I did not insult you are call you names or use
invective (spewing, spouting, really?) to criticize your tone. I addressed
the positions taken in the email message.

I will not be lambasted for expressing my geniune opinion on the matter at
hand. I would also like to add that "miscommunications" are as common on
the internet as "communications". I think that this exchange counts as the
latter case.

Now back to the point already in progress...

I have commonly gone on record here regarding the "Linux is doing this.
What are we going to do about it?" line of discussion. I have been
consistent in stating the FreeBSD does a good job at doing that which
FreeBSD does regardless of the Linux path.

This is something I feel _genuinely_. FreeBSD is truly an excellent
product. It is excellent because the -core has a vision and sticks to it.
I feel that they have their eye on the horizon and not on the nearby
waves.

I try to "speak" on behalf of this when the opportunity arises so that
people can "hear" an alternate view and perhaps conclude that, "Yeah,
FreeBSD is good stuff and will continue to be good stuff and Linux success
will not capsize our efforts."

To make an allegory to FreeBSD/Linux. I can't understand why people are so
envious about the favor that Able brings by his efforts. Shall we engage
ourselves in Cain's folly?

Catchya Later,		|	Give me UNIX or give me a typewriter.
Jason Wells		|	http://www.freebsd.org/