Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 10:54:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Pazarena <paz@ccstores.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mgetty woes

I recently loaded a 3.1 box (I'm an SCO convert :-[ ) This is a "learning"
box. Needless to say it's a learning curve, but it's also been fun.

I loaded _most_ of the packages off of the disk; not that I need many
(or ANY) of them, but just to have them available.

I just discovered that an "mgetty" process is running and it has built
a log file (/var/log/mgetty.cuaa1) over 800Mb! big with configuration
errors.

I _never_ asked for mgetty but I suspect it got loaded from all the
packages which I loaded. I also never setup any configuration file therefore
I can understand that the default file would have errors.

Where/how can I disable it?

--
Jim Pazarena     mailto:paz@ccstores.com
                 http://www.qcislands.net/paz