Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 20:19:47 +0100 (CET)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        arg@arg1.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gordon)
Cc:        dfr@nlsystems.com, current@freebsd.org, freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Big ATA problems

Andrew Gordon wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:
> >
> > A typical isic hardware has an ISAC and an HSCX chip onboard. The ISAC
> > chip does the D-channel handling and uses offsets 0-0x2b and 0x30-0x3b,
> > the HSCX (B-channels) uses offsets 0-0x3b and 0x40-0x73.
>
> But in the case of the teles16.3, it does _not_ use offsets 0x00-0x3b in
> the HSCX or ISAC: the ASIC on the card has 'folded' the address space so
> that the fifo appears at an address 3 bytes after the last register (0x3e
> with the current scheme - see tels0163_read_fifo()).

Oh yes, you are right! I was (and am still a bit) confused.

So it uses 0x20-0x3e for the ISAC and 0x20-0x3e and 0x60-0x7e for the HSCX
and at least three bytes at its base address, right ?

This makes sense. Now the real question left is are this the only locations
where the card is driving the bus ?

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
 We all live in a yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine ...