Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 23:31:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   looking for victims, err, uh, 'volunteers'

I've just committed into -current a bare-bones SES/SAF-TE driver that will
be fleshed out somewhat over the next couple of days, but will remain a
bare bones driver. It's a stub right now (just matches && attaches), but
the rest of it will show up tomorrow.

There will be a simple ioctl API to get to it, but I won't be putting
any management daemons into the source tree- there has been no clear
consensus on how to manage a lot of this, so any tools to extract info at
best will be in /usr/contrib or /usr/ports.

That said... if anyone out there has (they believe) any SES or SAF-TE (or
even Sun RSM trays that have the Unisys SEN card in them) and wants
perhaps act as a guinea pig, I'd appreciate hearing about it. The tools
and usage is pretty lightweight and I just pretty much need to
crosscheck/port some tools I did on Solaris for FreeBSD.

Basically, I have SES units in a Sun A5000 disk box, SAF-TE in a Sun
D1000, SEN in an RSM tray, and a couple random other bits and pieces that
show up. If anyone has other devices than these, particularly SAF-TE ones
(which the driver emulates as SES), please consider trying the driver
and letting me know what transpires.

TIA and all that...

-matt