Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 14:37:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        wosch@panke.de.freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, jmb@freebsd.org

 * From: Wolfram Schneider <wosch@panke.de.freebsd.org>

 * Many users ask me if I can sent the 'New ports added/updated last two
 * weeks' mail to a low volume mailing list.
 *
 * freebsd-announce is not the right mailing list - some users
 * don't wants ports information or large mails.

Well, there are many other messages sent to announce that are only
relevant to 99% of the users, so I don't know what they are
complaining about.  As for the size, I don't remember the size of the
last mail but I don't think it was *that* big.

 * So I think we should setup a moderated freebsd-port-announce
 * mailing list.

(rolling eyes)

Why don't you just post a URL to freebsd-announce and put the main
thing on the web?  You can even be cuter and make hyperlinks and
stuff.

-PW