Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 1997 19:11:05 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, Shimon@i-Connect.Net
Subject:   Re: LINT Kernel Question...

>Am getting, tonight, the following (and more):

>cd9660_node.o: Undefined symbol `_simple_lock_init' referenced from text
>segment
>cd9660_node.o: Undefined symbol `__simple_lock' referenced from text segment

>What have I done? :-)

Nothing.  This bug has been around for about 2 months (since SMP started
using simple locks a lot).  Option SIMPLELOCK_DEBUG does not work with
NCPUS > 1.  LINT sets this option, but LINT is poorly maintained, and
apparently no one uses the option (I once used it to debug locking for
NCPUS == 1).

Bruce