Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 09:17:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panic in FFS/4.0 as of yesterday - update

Sorry to say that during testing last night (in the middle of which a
buildworld got started) the system paniced again with a 'panic: getnewbuf
infinite recursion failure'. I've left it in the debugger if anyone could
suggest looking at something. I'm going to New Orleans tomorrow so it can
sit in the debugger until Friday...

A very cursory look at the code makes me wonder 'why the value of 5 for a
limit'? It doesn't seem to me a panic is a good solution.