Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 1999 09:19:04 +0300
From:      "Andriy Galetski" <andriy@trgz.lviv.ua>
To:        "Greg Pavelcak" <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>, <freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: open("/dev/bktr0") failed: Device not configured

>Can someone tell me what I forgot to do? I had fxtv working a
>short time ago, but now I get the subject line message.
>
>Here's some of my kernel config file
>
>controller smbus0
>controller iicbus0
>controller iicbb0
>device bktr0
>device smb0 at smbus?
>device ic0 at iicbus?
>device iic0 at iicbus?
>device iicsmb0 at iicbus?
>
>The device is definitely there.
>
>cr--r--r--  1 root  wheel  -  92,   0 Jun  2 14:33 /dev/bktr0
>
>And here's some dmesg.
>

>bktr0: <BrookTree 878> irq 11 at device 17.0 on pci0
>bti2c0: <bt848 Hard/Soft I2C controller>
>iicbb0: <I2C generic bit-banging driver> on bti2c0
>iicbus0: <Philips I2C bus> on iicbb0 master-only
>iicsmb0: <I2C to SMB bridge> on iicbus0
>smbus0: <System Management Bus> on iicsmb0
>smb0: <SMBus general purpose I/O> on smbus0
>iic0: <I2C general purpose I/O> on iicbus0
>smbus1: <System Management Bus> on bti2c0
>smb1: <SMBus general purpose I/O> on smbus1
>Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips NTSC tuner.
>

>Yet I can't get it going. Thanks in advance for any guidance you
>can provide.

Hi!
I have such problem with my AverTV Phone card :(
Suppose it's pnp problem. TV card do not working on
Win95 and FreeBSD too.
Solving is:
Remove TV card from PC.
Turn on. Let pnp controler organize its stuff.
Shutdown computer and put back TV card.
I always start my TV under Win95 first
to test if hardware was properly configured.
After that You can try fxtv.

PS: Problem described above happen when I remove or put in
some hardware from my PC