Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 01:01:03 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
Cc:        David Reid <dreid@jetnet.co.uk>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cdrom

In message <20010314190427.C61949@tigerfish2.my.domain> Bruce Burden writes:
: >
: > I'm getting a No such file or directory when I try to mount a CDROM with
: > 4-STABLE.  I've seen some stuff about this and have tried as many of the
: > suggestions as I can, but no joy.
: >
: 	Is your pccard a 32 bit (CardBus) or a 16 bit (PCMCIA) card?
:    FreeBSD only currently supports 16 bit pccards. 5.0 is supposed to
:    have 32 bit support...

We don't yet support cardbus ata cards.  Of course I've seen three ata
cards that had he fancy copper ridges on it that are a hallmark of
cardbus cards that worked just fine as 16-bit cards.  I dont'
completely understand this.  Maybe it is a fakeout, or maybe the card
works for both 16-bit and 32-bit operations (not that I understand how
this could work).

Warner