Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:16:01 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@daemon.ninth-circle.org>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-standards@bostonradio.org
Subject:   Re: strerror_r() implementation

-On [20011204 07:15], Wes Peters (wes@softweyr.com) wrote:
>I would like to have a place to document this, but neither the source nor
>the commit message seems appropriate.  This seems appropriate for the
>"standards" group to discuss; where should we document regression tests
>and/or standards compliance tests?  In or near the source tree would be
>an ideal location, I think.  Test cases developers can use to prove
>their work would be a great addition.

/usr/src/tools/regression
and/or
/usr/src/tools/test

But it seems both strive to accomplish the same.

Personally, in my little mind, tools/regression makes more sense to put
regression tests in which test the sources present under /usr/src,
whereas test would be extra tests people could run to test other uses of
the system as well as extra regression-like tests.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven / Asmodai / Kita no Mono / xMach coreteam
asmodai@[wxs.nl|xmach.org], finger asmodai@ninth-circle.org, www.xmach.org