Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 1997 16:32:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vinay Bannai <vinay@agni.nuko.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with my sounblaster 16

Hi folks

I had my soundblaster card working perfectly ok on my 2.1.5 and then I
upgraded to 2.2.2 (cvsup from cvsup.freebsd.org) and it stops working.

My machine
Pentium Pro, 200Mhz, running 2.2.2-RELEASE with soundblaster 16

The config file has the following line for my soundcard
controller      snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 7 conflicts drq 1 vector sbintr
device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330

I also made sure there are no conflicts with my lpt port (in fact I
commented out the lpt support). I also disabled lpt port in my BIOS. I
tried it at irq 5 also but to no avail. The sound plays intermittently
(half a second at a time) and then finally freezes after a while. I get
the following message in my /var/log/messages

/kernel: Sound: DMA timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
Vinay
--