Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2001 21:24:42 +0200
From:      Nevermind <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
To:        Carroll Kong <damascus@home.com>
Cc:        Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Remote logging

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

Hello, Carroll Kong!

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 01:40:21PM -0500, you wrote:

> That is a good idea, however, what is to stop the enemy from killing=20
> syslogd as his first option?  I do not think syslogd logs when it gets=20
> killed?  So, despite the secure log host, he might not get the valuable=
=20
> info he needs.  I suppose you could then start speculating a break in if=
=20
> there are no more MARKs since syslogd is dead.  Even that could be=20
> fabricated I suppose.  Ugh.  Security sure is tough to implement=20
> fully.  Not trying to say you are wrong, just that I am curious how does=
=20
> one stop this possible problem?  Have you found a way to avoid it?

I sometimes think about some flag on process so that once launched it canno=
t be
killed without specifying password... I don't know if it will be correct to
existing process model...

What are you thinking about that?

--=20
NEVE-RIPE
	The instructions said to install Windows 98 or better,
	so I installed FreeBSD.

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH--