Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 09:33:12 -0400
From:      bandcap10@bellsouth.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation Problems

Hello All,
               Im hoping someone can give me a hand with a problem
ive run into while installing Freebsd. Im installing 3.3 Release from
a cd made from the ISO image. My Motherboard is an Asus P2B-
LS (Onboard Adaptec 2940 U2W Controller). My Dives are as
follows:

Duel Boot Setup: Freebsd Boot Manager on Scsi drive

Boot Drive: Scsi - ID 0 - Dedicated to Win 98
Single IDE Hd - On Primary Controller - Will be dedicated to
Freebsd
Cd-Rom - ID3
Cd Recorder - ID4

The Installation goes without a hitch, The Problem occurs at the
reboot. After the 15 sec scsi wait, The following error messages
appear:

Changing root drive to wd1s1a
Changing root drive to wd1a
Error 6: panic: Cannot mount root (2)

And then the cycle of endless reboots begins. Ive already tried
installing it again several times; Changeing setiings such as
Novice/Custom install (Using the Default "auto-a" vales for fdisk
and labels) , Having the ide drive dedicated and non-dedicated to
freebsd, etc.

Any and all help will be appreciated in sloveing this problem...

TIA...