Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 1997 08:42:31 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        committers@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gcc-2.7.2.2? Re: ports freeze in 9 1/2 hours

> Can you build yourself a working kernel from Redhat's 4.1 kernel
> sources?  I can't and nor can any of the other RedHat/ALPHA owners
> I've asked (and I've asked more than a few at Uniforum). :-)

No idea.  I don't have too much to do with the box.  It belongs to an
[computer] Archiecture professor.  I was trying to bring up a simulator
that mimics a MIPS Ultrix box and associted toolkit.  The toolkit
includes the GNU binutils and Gcc so you can cross-compile the SPEC
benchmarks for the simulator platform.

The box is still running RH-alpha 3.0.3.
Which probably explains why the OS feels so unstable quite rough.

--
-- David	(obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)