Date:      Sat, 15 Feb 2014 10:03:46 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        shane <shanelinlin@163.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ask for help about installing the gnome or kde on freeBSD 10

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 10:49:42 +0800 (CST), shane wrote:
> hi,dear,
>    I'm sorry to bother you so much,but i failed to installing
> the gnome2 on freeBSD10 following the official handbook on
> internet,many differences come up to me .can you offer exact
> installing desktop system (gnome or kde) documentation to me ,
> many thanks to you

Can you explain what steps you've tried and where things
started to break (commands + output)?

On the other hand, installing Gnome should be no problem
since v10 where a simple "pkg install" session should be
sufficient. The configuration instructions from the
Handbook should still apply.

To be honest, it's some time ago that I tried Gnome. My
current preference for the "almost full-blown desktop
experience" has been LXDE. It installs nicely via pkg,
and only few configuration settings have to be made,
mostly in relation to X (HAL, dbus etc.).

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany