Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 1995 11:10:07 -0500
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, wollman@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   rfc 1323 Support

<<On Thu, 30 Mar 1995 16:41:29 -0800, "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.cs.berkeley.edu> said:

> I will be talking to the annex gods here at Cal to see what they have to
> say about this, but even if it is an annex problem not a FreeBSD SLIP
> problem, should this stuff be enabled by default?

Absolutely.  One of FreeBSD's strengths is that it does the right
thing for TCP right out of the box, where many other vendors still
don't even get the MSS right....

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.