Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 10:51:11 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@element-5.de>
To:        Dirk Meyer <dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b memory leak?

> Paul Herman schrieb:,
>
> > ping returns "no buffers available" -- until I restart the computer, and
> > then everything works fine for the next 15 days or so.
>
> ifconfig isp0 down
> ifconfig isp0 up
>
> should fix this condition.

I do this as cronjob every night:

   ifconfig isp0 down
   sleep 1; spppcontrol isp0 myauthname=$login myauthsecret=$pass
   ifconfig isp0 up

to rotate dialup login accounts, but if it "locks up" like this, and I'm
not around to reset the interface, then people get angry because they
can't surf.  :)

Martin Husemann tipte anmütig ein:

> It's a very old router tradition to simply drop packets if you can't
> push them through, the queues in i4b are there only to help for the
> one or two seconds while establishing the link, they could be pruned
> on a regular basis.

Good idea.  If that's the case in i4b, then this should be fixed.

Paul Herman