Date:      Thu, 15 Dec 2011 16:46:09 +0900
From:      "Daniel P. Wright" <dani@dpwright.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   muttprint port hangs (muttprint/perl)

Hello,

I am having some problems running the print/muttprint port.  If I pass
in a simple text file (some mail headers and a single line of text
reading "Test"), it hangs indefinitely.  If I send a SIGINT I get the
following output:

  ^CCaught a SIGINT at ./muttprint line 1962

Line 1962 looks fairly innocuous:

  my @text = <$fh>;

Where $fh is a file handle pointing to the simple text file mentioned
above and passed into the function.

My knowledge of perl is not great, but my understanding is that the
<$fh> syntax is similar to a readline?  I tried changing this to call
the readline function explicitly, to no effect.

On a hunch I thought my locale might be causing problems, as it is set
to ja_JP.UTF-8, and I don't believe muttprint officially supports that
locale.  I tried setting it to en_US, but it still hangs.

I am not sure whether this is a problem with muttprint itself, or
a quirk of the FreeBSD perl port (--version reports 5.12.4), or
something peculiar to my setup.

For what it's worth, I have previously had muttprint working on Ubuntu
installed from the tar.gz file on the muttprint website.  Diffing the
two versions reveals only superficial changes (penguin replaced with
Beastie, etc).

Apologies if I have the wrong list for this sort of thing.  I took a
look on freshports and there appears to be no active maintainer.