Date:      Sat, 7 Oct 2023 14:33:33 +0200
From:      Franco Fichtner <franco@lastsummer.de>
To:        Moin Rahman <bofh@freebsd.org>
Cc:        =?utf-8?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@freebsd.org>, ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: git: 483e74f44b82 - main - security/ca_root_nss: Use certctl instead of a symlink.

I=E2=80=99d prefer to keep this technical and on point. It feels like more d=
eflecting responsibility with a mix of ad hominem.

Who owns ca_root_nss? Why are the last multiple commits a source for multipl=
e regressions? There is no lack of communications and commit trail, but if y=
ou want to deflect I don=E2=80=99t mind leaving it at that.

Cheers

> On 7. Oct 2023, at 14:28, Moin Rahman <bofh@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BF
>=20
>>> On Oct 7, 2023, at 2:15 PM, Franco Fichtner <franco@lastsummer.de> wrote=
:
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> This has nothing to do with me or my work.  When can I expect your
>>> apology?
>>=20
>> For raising technical issues while trying to contact me in private? I fai=
l to see why.
>>=20
>>=20
>> Cheers!
>=20
> Hi Franco,
>=20
> I do not know your background neither do I want to but so far what I have s=
een from your posts/mail is that you are unnecessarily trying to drag the Fre=
eBSD developers in stress everywhere. An open source project does not work l=
ike that, there are always mistakes as we are human beings, there are always=
 delays as we contribute on our idle times. But things are not written on ha=
rd stones and things can be fixed. But if you are on a hurry I believe then a=
n Open Source project is not for you. If you think that you cannot wait beca=
use your product is based on FreeBSD then you should have known beforehand t=
here is always challenges in creating a product based on another product. No=
ne forced you to create a product based on FreeBSD; it was a choice you made=
. And I do not see any clause anywhere that a FreeBSD developer is forced to=
 give you support on a timely manner.
>=20
> And it's pretty much clear that this sort of toxic behavior will automatic=
ally force other developers to drop your mail/pr in the least priority.