Date:      Thu, 4 Jul 1996 18:59:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      suren@teil.soft.net (S. Arockia Suren)
To:        hackers@freeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HI! Need Help..(ignore earlier one)

Hi,
	i need some help regarding finding the interface through
	which a limited braodcast packet was received.

	An icmp socket is opened to receive limited broadcast
	messages (ffff).

	1. is it true that if the socket is bind by an address
	it cannot receive  the limited broadcast message???
 	because the only information i could get from "rip_input"
 	function that to receive limited broadcast messages
 	only two things r possible
 		1. bind it with limited broadcast address
 		2. donot bind it.

 	if my conclusion is true, then which possibility would be
 	better to use? if there r other possibilities please let
 	me know abt them and suggest the best to use.

 	2. in case of a node with multiple interfaces, how can i
 	determine the interface from which i received a limited
 	broadcast (icmp) packet. freebsd does not seem to distinguish the
 	sockets based on the interface on which they r functioning.
 	instead when it gets a packet it sends a copy to all the
 	sockets that r eligible to receive the packet.

 please help me solve these two problems.

 thanking you in anticipation,
 suren.