Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 19:32:43 -0500
From:      Carl Tucker <cft@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Video output driver

Is there currently a way to use the video output RCA jacks on my
laptop computer?

I have a Sony VAIO PCG-F430.  The only two reasons remaining for
it to have Win98 on it are: 1) to download images from my Casio
QV-2000 camera and 2) so I can plug it into my television and watch
DVDs on something larger than the TFT display.  The camera, I can
live without until I get around to figuring out how to do that.
The DVD playing is a requirement of the wife, and is, as such,
non-negotiable. :)

I could have it dual boot, I suppose, but I'd rather it just run
4.5-RELEASE like my desktop machine.  (which, btw, upgraded without
a hitch, if you don't count me accidentally leaving the sound out
of the kernel config the first time.  Great job, FreeBSD team!)

Also, I only have a "recovery disk" for Win98, not the actual
installation disks, so setting up a dual boot situation might get
ugly.

--
Carl Tucker
cft@panix.com