Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 1995 10:41:53 -0600
From:      rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
To:        lashley@netcom.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Building World from Read-Only Media

>|>  OK, guys! I have some new mk files that are much "cleaner" for our make
>|>  I have identified 4 strategies

>|>  Case 1. Just put the object next to its source
>|>  Case 2. Put the objects in a directory
>|>  Case 3. Global object store
>|>  Case 4. Local object tree

Perhaps I was not clear....
I expect to support ALL 4 of these strategies. Let the user pick the
strategy that {s}he wants.

However, I prefer the default to be an object tree growing off of the root
of the users source tree.  For those who want a GLOBAL object tree, for
example, on a scratch device, they can set that default in the system
make.conf file.

----
Richard Wackerbarth
rkw@dataplex.net