Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:27:25 -0400
From:      Adam Martin <adamartin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Party

On 2006 Sep 20 , at 14:55, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:

> On 2006.09.20 10:40:47 +0000, Jacula Modyun wrote:
>> Today do the spammers and viruses give a party in th FreeBsd mailing
>> lists?
>> Here it is raining cats and dogs from spammers.
>
> Yes, unfortunately the spam filter program decided to kill itself and
> had to be manually restarted, so only the basic first level filter,
> which is run on the incoming mail server, was active for a while.

	Ah, so that's what happened.

> BTW. thanks for sending your mail to the proper list for such things
> so we don't add more noise to the normal lists talking about the spam
> compared to the actual spam mails.

	Eh... I have to confess... I submitted a query to freebsd-questions,
just meekly notifying mailman@ (and ccing questions) that this was
happening with other lists too.  Hopefully nobody got too annoyed with
me.  For future reference, to whom to we send such notifications?
mailman@?

	Boy, between spam, sshd-bruteforce attempts, and tons of other
stuff.... the 'net has become such an annoying place these days.  Every
year this stuff seems to just get worse... *sigh*  All this net-trash
gives me a headache.  What a waste of technology, resources, and
bandwidth.

--
Adam David Alan Martin