Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 2013 09:31:21 +0200
From:      Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it>
To:        Rotate 13 <rabgvzr@gmail.com>
Cc:        Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>, freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to disable all GEOM tasting?

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 12:19 AM, Rotate 13 <rabgvzr@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any pointer to look in sources for where triggers the tasting?  I
> understand each GEOM has the taste code of its own...  but something
> must start it all when device is inserted.

As far as I know every time a geom class is loaded (g_load_class) a
taste is performed "posting" a geom event of type taste, so I would
look for "g_post_event(g_load_class" in the geom source tree.
However, I don't get the whole point in disabling tasting: it is
required for proper system functioning. Once a device is tasted all
the classes will be "setup".

Luca