Date:      05 Mar 2003 19:28:44 +0100
From:      Frank Tegtmeyer <fte-sub-freebsd-stable@fte.to>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jails update

"Scot Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net> writes:

> As mergemaster will not know to use the jails *.mc or to run the newalias
> command in the jail.

Thanks for the hint. Mergemaster tells me this also when running it
for a jail. I can safely ignore it because sendmail is not in use on
my systems.

One problem with the DESTDIR approach may be the use of
symlinks by a jail administrator - if there are symlinks set for
directories containing the binaries you may overwrite the hosts
directories. Maybe "make installworld" does a check for this too - I
didn't look at it.

Regards, Frank