Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:03:22 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
Subject:   Re: multi-FIB changes for GENERIC

On 15 March 2012 12:09, Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net> wro=
te:

>> I forget, is it possible to not compile in multi-FIB support?
>
> 1) does this have anything to do with this thread?

It depends if the eventual aim of this is to just have multi-FIB
support enabled by default with no way to compile it out, and what the
overheads are. :)

> 2) yes, if you can live without your routing table, no if not. =A0Not sur=
e you can spare the 240(?) bytes on 64bit if you just stay with 1 fib, but =
I guess there's a lot better fish to fry.

What about any extra support code that's compiled into the kernel for
this feature? I'm becoming very footprint conscious now that I'm
bringing up FreeBSD on modern embedded RAM/flash challenged devices.

Adrian