Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 07:46:24 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, tarkhil@asteroid.svib.ru
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP performance decrease?

On Tue, Apr 14, 1998 at 04:43:21PM -0500, John S. Dyson wrote:
> [SNIP]
> Bottom line:  you are running a low level benchmark, and low level
> benchmarks don't meassure loaded system performances very well. :-(.

Very very true. Look at my signature, although your low level
benchmark tells you a performance decrease in certain areas,
SMP speeds up your system in "real world applications(tm)"
up to factor 1.9 ! See the figures and try it out yourself.

Reply-To set to freebsd-smp, to avoid crossposts.

--
Andreas Klemm                             http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
What gives you 90% more speed, for example in kernel compilation ?