Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 18:05:08 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   splash example ?

Hi,

  I'd like to try a splash screen with 3.0-stable.  My first try was
not sucessfull:

/boot/loader.rc:
load kernel
load splash_bmp
load -t splash_image_data splash.bmp
autoboot 5

  Does anybody has an example on how to do that ?  What are the
current restrictions for the image format ?

  Obviously, my kernel had the "pseudo-device splash".  It's seems to
be needed by the screen savers also, altough not specified anywhere.

  TIA,

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis            M.Sc. Student
jonny@jonny.eng.br                 Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro