Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:09:52 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   low-cost/low-speed HDLC WAN card

I'm back again looking for a low-cost, 128 kbits/sec WAN card, even
ISA, single-port with HDLC V.35/X.21/V.11/EIA530.  I need this to
drive leased-line links in France.

etinc.com's got a 10-year-old model 5025 ISA card but it's $475 and 2
megabits. We use two now in our ISP and it works fine, but to use
FreeBSD in a big nationwide VPN/IPsec project, we need to keep the price down.

We can buy a Zyxel 153X WAN router for about that price, but it
doesn't do VPN nor more than one ethernet i/f nor does it's
non-loggable, limited packet filtering come anywhere near ipfilter.

sdlcomm cards are even more expensive and up 10 megabits.

tia,
Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com: ISC BIND 8.2.2 p5  installable binary for NT4
http://IMGate.MEIway.com:  Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways