Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 2003 17:05:26 +0800
From:      David Xu <davidxu@viatech.com.cn>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>, deischen@freebsd.org <deischen@freebsd.org>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>, threads@freebsd.org <threads@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: vmark hangs with libthr and libkse

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sheldon Hearn" <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To: <deischen@freebsd.org>; <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>; <threads@freebsd.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 2:57 PM

> On (2003/08/20 16:11), Sheldon Hearn wrote:
>
> > > Any messages on the console or break-to-debugger info?  Are you using
> > > SCHED_4BSD or SCHED_ULE?
> >
> > I think it was SCHED_4BSD.  I scribbled the panic down on a piece of
> > paper, but can't find it now.  *sigh*
>
> Nope, it's SCHED_ULE.

ULE does not work with KSE, I have uploaded a patch, please try it.
http://people.freebsd.org/~davidxu/kse/kse_ule.diff
You can not get cpu affinity for KSE process with this scheduler,
The patch only let KSE process work under ULE scheduler.
I have not fully tested it,  for some reason, I won't commit the patch.