Date:      Sat, 01 Nov 1997 21:17:34 +0000
From:      Ruslan Shevchenko <rssh@cam.grad.ipri.kiev.ua>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What we will do with latex2html ?

Brett Taylor wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On Sat, 1 Nov 1997, Ruslan Shevchenko wrote:
> ? In this year was 3 attempts to add latex2html in ports collection:
> ?
> ?   ports/3940 Jun 23 1997 Ruslan Shevchenko. ?Ruslan@Shevchenko.kiev.ua?
> ?   ports/4103  Jul 22 1997 Frank Meissner ?meissner@tu-harburg.d400.de?
> ?   ports/4496 Sep 8 1997   Brett Taylor
> ? ?brett@pelton.physics.montana.edu?
> ?
> ? Now all of this ports is outdated.
>
> My port is not what I would consider out of date.  It is the last stable

  "checksum mismath" after typing make.    I wrote you about this.
Yesterday.

  ------------------      in generally not bad.

> version.

   1. We can disable checksum, and check integrity of archive, by
     checking output of tar -tzf operation.

> ?   1. Are anybody from authors of previous ports want to
> ?      be ports-maintainers of latex2html ?
>
> I'm happy to be the maintainer if someone will commit it.

  Please, inform me, when you receive usable port (ports).
  1. please, not forgott, that prefix may be not /usr/local
     (I have /usr/disk1/local on one of my mashines), and it's must checked
in package.

  2. And mode with documentation.

> ?   2. If not, i will report it during week, and send it to
> ?  ports collection, if anybody with commit privilegies,
> ?  will look on this port in finite time.
>
> As noted above I don't think this is worth doing w/ the development
> version unless we keep separate development and stable ports.

   It's work for you now ;)