Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:31:08 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3d card question

Hello everybody,

I know full well that this list is not an XFree86 support forum so if you
feel that I am way off topic then please feel free to ignore me, but I do
not think this sort of thing gets a lot of mention on the XFree lists as it
pertains to FreeBSD specifically. Also, sorry for cross-posting, my
intention is not to spam...

The question is: I have a recent -CURRENT system and have the opportunity
to buy (approx in the same price range) a Vodoo3 2000 card, a TNT2 based
one, (nVidia Riva TNT2 PRO 32 MB AGP) or an S3 Savage4 PRO 32 MB card.
Which is better as far as hardware
based 3D support (OpenGL) goes? My existing card is very good at 2D so the
only reason I would want to change is to be able to use 3D on FreeBSD...

Thank you very much for any insights and please Cc: me, I am not (yet:-) on
the list.

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM